Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, March 11, 2005

Yet another weekend...

...yet another two days that I will more than likely not remember too much about come Monday. Much to do--I have surveys to tabulate, and letters to write, and weeds to kill, and clothes to wash, and lessons to teach, and I would rather just sleep for 48 hours straight.

OH, speaking of balloon animals--Jim asked the other day if instructions were included with the package of balloons that I got Cat at Dollar Tree. I didn't think so, but I found I was mistaken, so I was called upon to produce a swan. Which I did, and it was very realistic. In a tubular latex sort of way.

This led to demands for more animals--I tried a possum last night, intending to combine the various features of the dog and the mouse. It turned out looking nothing like either of the three animals. Still good for minutes of good wholesome fun, though.

Other big hits include swords, which really look nothing so much like swords as something whose illegality to sell under Alabama state law was recently upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court. But Cat and Boy have had great fun thwacking each other with them, nonetheless.

Anyway, it's getting to be about that time, so I'll say good-bye for now and wish you all a memorable weekend!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com