Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, December 02, 2004

Well, I tried.

I had to teach class last night, and I can tell you right now it was tough. When I had gotten home, I got winded just walking up the stairs, so the idea of having to be bright and interesting for a group of tired 7th-9th graders was looking to be a tall order.

And it was. They were droopier than usual, meaning I had to be even more animated. But, I was. Afterwards, however, it was like hitting a wall. On toward home, with a stop to get some gas and then a stop at Winn Dixie to see about getting some of the wonderous stuff recommended to me yesterday by a kind and concerned Weeviless.

Walked in, found it right away, picked up the box, and in bright cheerful letters on the front, "Homepathic." ::sigh::

I just put it back.

Yes, yes, I'm sure they have all kinds of testimonials and research, and I'm probably just too unsophisticated to be able to understand the complex balance of bodily humors and negative energy at work, but I don't put much stock in the underlying science that's supposed to be involved.

I will say that a big bowl of hot and sour soup and a plate of kung pao chicken will clean out your sinuses so much that you'll be able to hear echoes in them.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com