Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, December 16, 2004

Another thing we talked about was anonymity.

For some very good reasons (namely being a opinionated, single, girl) Sugarmama uses a pseudonym to keep down the number of potential stalkers. I haven't gone that route particularly, but have done everything I can to keep Possumblog sort of a hidden-in-plain-view sort of thing. It's not a topic I ever bring up, although if anyone I know does find it, I wouldn't be ashamed (much) to say it is indeed my hobby.

HOWEVER, I have thought before what sort of name I would have if I were ever to decide to blog in pseudonymity.

Dudley Hall.

I always thought it would be fun to write a newspaper column on architectural criticism. However, being in the field, it would be hard to do truthfully without upsetting a lot of potential employers, so I always thought I would write it under the name Dudley Hall. Why? Because it's the name of the architecture building at Auburn.

Pat Dry.

I don't know why, but whenever I see recipes for stuff and it says to wash something and then "pat dry," it just makes me laugh. Again, I have no idea why.

Jean-Paul Sartre.

A while back I thought up a cool-sounding French name, but then I found out some other guy had it, so I couldn't use it. Similar thing happened with "Lambeau Field."

N. Deed.

Well, Glenn Reynolds ruined that one for me.

Anyway, I think you can see why I just stick with what I have.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com