Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, November 18, 2004

Happy Axis of Weevil Thursday Three to YOOOouuuuuu,
Happy Axis of Weevil Thursday Three TOOO yoooouuuu…


Boy, I hope I don’t have to pay any kind of royalty or anything for that.

ANYWAY, it is once again time for the World’s Most Popular Time Wasting Device, the Axis of Weevil Thursday Three, which is today marking its 34th appearance in 35 weeks (last week being a holiday, it stayed inside and slept).

ANOTHER birthday belongs to the source of today’s questions, Perfesser Smith:

Since it is all about me--sorry Terry,

LIES! CALUMNIES UPON SLURS! CHEEKY UPSTART BLACKGUARD!

and this Sunday is my birthday:

Oh! Happy Birthday, Jim!

--how about a birthday quiz?

1. Is your birthday in a good time of year or does it suck?

2. How did you spend your 21st birthday? (Assuming you have done that and still remember.)

3. Do you know anyone with your birthday?

Hmmm. Very interesting!

AS is the usual case, please either answer the questions in the comments below, or leave a link to your blog--REMEMBERING TO DO THE URL FORMATTING CORRECTLY-- ::coughLarryAndersoncough::

As always, this cavalcade of fun is open to all, so don’t be shy. And don’t poke your fingers into the icing.

Now then, for MY answers--

#1--Oh, I generally enjoy my birthday time of year. It’s in the summer, which is a peppy time of year. And I don’t really mind another birthday, at least not yet. I might when I get up into my hundred-and-teens, and am still having to go to work every day.

#2--I had to figure out what year that was--1983. I have no idea what I did, but it wasn’t much of a party no matter what.

#3--July 9. My Cub Scout den mother (who I used to go to church with, and who used to be our school’s librarian) has the same birthday. Believe it or not, there is actually ANOTHER Terry Oglesby here in town, but we don’t share the same birthday. HOWEVER, every year someone in his family calls into one of the local television morning shows and gets them to put his name on their birthday list, so I have to put up with people here at work coming up to me and wishing me happy birthday. Then I have to go through this whole story with them. Which makes their eyes glaze over.

As for famous folks, I share July 9 with Barbara Cartland, O.J. Simpson, John Tesh, Tom Hanks, Kelly McGillis, Jimmy Smits, Courtney Love, Fred Savage, David Hockney, and noted historian Samuel Eliot Morison. None of whom are what I would consider close acquaintances, however.

July 9 also marks the birth of the Wimbledon tennis tournament, as well as Ziggy Stardust’s first performance, which should be noted also occurred in England.

Finally, the doughnut cutter was patented by John F. Blondel of Thomaston, Maine on July 9, 1872.

SO, there you go!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com