Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, October 28, 2004

Slowwwwly I turned. Step, by step--INCH by INCH!

AND THERE IT WAS! AIIIIEEEEEEEEE! The Axis of Weevil Thursday Three!

In the chilling words of Count Floyd, “OOwwwWWWHOOOOOOOO! SCAAAAARY!”

Yes, it’s that time again in which we ask all of you to play along with the creepiest, most disgusting form of blog entertainment known! This week’s set of questions comes to us from Marc Velazquez, and has given us something to do with All Hallow’s Eve, Autumnal Gatherings of Rustic Types, and Infernal Racket From Hell. Makes all the hairs on my back stand up, it does!

Please feel free to play along--if you DARE--and leave a link to your blog in the comment crypt, or just leave your answers.

SO then:

1) Name your THREE favorite candies you hope for when you go trick-or-treating.

2) Name your THREE favorite things at state/county fairs (food or exhibits or rides or animals or animal food rides or whatever).

3) Which THREE songs you would download for a cell phone?

OoowwwWWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

SCAAAARY!

Anyway, go answer already.

As for my answers, for #1, I would have to say I always loved Chick-O-Sticks. (Even if they don’t have anything to do with chicken.) Second, I always was happy to see Snickers--but the big ones--none of that “Fun” Size garbage. (If that’s really some real American’s idea of fun, well, just count me out.) Finally, candy corn. Yes, I know it’s basically just wax and sugar, but I SWEAR each layer is a different flavor.

Second, at the state fair, I always liked the chicken exhibits. (No, this isn’t the start of a theme. I hope.) It’s just that chickens are so defensive--you go up and start clucking a little bit at them and they go nuts. Fun ensues. Second would be the food exhibits--especially the open category candies and fudge. I remember going to the Alabama State Fair here in Birmingham one year when I was young, and someone had actually made a fudge log that looked like a, a, ummm, fudge log, if you know what I mean. Even had little blades of frosting grass all around it, and frosting shaped like a flower on top of it. Strangely, none of the judges had seen fit to sample it. And finally, I always like looking at the quilts and sewing stuff. I have my sensitive, arty side, you know.

Third--AAAGGGHHHHHH! I hate those polyphonic ringtones. But, in the spirit of the competition, I would have to say I would like the Howard Dean Scream, or Ronny and the Daytonas’ “Little GTO,” or A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20.

So there you go.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com