Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, September 30, 2004

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor an early-morning meeting that I didn’t really want to attend…

…shall stay the mighty Axis of Weevil Thursday Three from getting posted!

Yes, I’m all a’tingle over it, too!

BE THAT AS IT MAY, it has indeed been an entire week since last Thursday, and the public has once again come here demanding fresh and exciting questions, similar to those found on the Friday Five, but not so many, and a day earlier.

Speaking of fresh, there’s nothing like a deep freeze for keeping things fresh, and after I linked to Dave Helton’s story earlier in the week about his feline preservation techniques, Sarah G. left this comment:

I’ve got a dead rabbit in my garage freezer. It’s for training dogs to track said varmint. On that note I think the Thurs. three should have a question about odd freezer/fridge contents.

Odd, but I never knew it could be that difficult to track a frozen rabbit. But what do I know?

Anyway, sensing that there might be a way I can finagle a basic 1-2-3-4 cake with raspberry filling and chocolate filling and frosted with Italian buttercream frosting out of Miss Sarah if I use her suggestion, I hereby incorporate it into the T-Three thusly:

1) What is the single oddest thing (animate, inanimate, or formerly animate) that you have ever stored in your freezer or refrigerator?

Now then--what else can I think to ask?

I have no idea. What about let’s just do a rummage sale for the rest! Kewl, huh!

2) What is the first television show you ever remember watching?

3) How many different surgeries have you ever had?

I tell you, these things are getting harder and harder to think up! ANYway--all of you go off now and start answering questions and posting a link to your blog in the comments below--remember that if you are relying on the URL fill-in cell in Haloscan, please put in “http://” before your site address, or else it doesn’t work. AND, if you don’t have your own blog, it’s okay because they’re passé now and no one has one, so just leave your answers in the comments in lieu of a link. AND remember, just because this is an official Axis of Weevil Playtime Activity, DOESN'T mean that all of you aren't free to join in.

SO, here are my answers:

Well, for Number One, I suppose the oddest thing we’ve ever put in the freezer is legal documents. For the longest time my mom would keep wills and deeds and bank stuff in a plastic bag inside of a Tupperware box and then stash it in the back of the freezer. (With the severed heads and arms. Sorry, Mom, just kidding. Obviously. Or not.) She figured burglars wouldn’t spend a whole lot of time looking for stealables in the icebox, and freezers are insulated well enough to withstand a good bit of fire damage, and hers had a lock on the door as well. And being a thrifty child of the Great Depression, it was a good bit cheaper than a safe deposit box. You know, $12 a year is a load of money.

Number Two--earliest television show I can recall clearly is either Captain Kangaroo or
Romper Room, followed closely by Peyton Place, and The Lawrence Welk Show. Yes, it’s no wonder I am the way I am.

Finally, for Number Three, I had a tonsillectomy when I was four or five, and two knee surgeries, one at age fifteen, and the other at sixteen.

So there you go.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com