Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, August 27, 2004

STILL busy!

Things to do include finishing off of my Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips that I decided to try for lunch; continuing to type dumb old meeting minutes from Wednesday; and trying to come up with some sort of checklist for the building committee at church.

It has been exceedingly difficult to convince them that 1) there is a process you have to go through, b) it is not a particularly quick process, and *) we need more than an (very incorrect) plumbing drawing to review. I'm going to try to fix it as best as I can to look more like what's built--yes, it would be nice to have an actual set of as-built construction drawings with EVERYTHING in them--but no one seems to know where those are. Probably wouldn't help much anyway, because from what I am told the contractor built it pretty much the way he wanted to.

As for the McDude's yardbird--eh. They were hot, and tender, and tasted fine, even if the coating was a bit floury. But they're chicken strips, and there was nothing out of the ordinary about them. You can get the same kind of stuff from just about every other fast food joint, some better, but few any worse.

Because it's just chicken with bread on it.

It's not really rocket scieBACK AWAY FROM THE TASTY ZONE! ::beep!::beep!:: NO! ONE! Can have ANY of my NEW CHICKEN SELECTS BREAST STRIPS! STOP! YOU, there beside the copier--I know what you're trying to do!nce you know. Whew, I feel sort of strSTAY AWAY FROM THE STRIPS, Bob! No, I will NOT share with you!ange, as if there are spiders crawling all over me, man, and and and I CAN FLYYYYYYYYYY!!




Or not.

Anyway, back to work.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com