Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Sound Advice From the Government

I get these updates via e-mail every so often, and this one is a good one, discussing the caution you should exercise when OPENING E-MAIL ATTACHMENTS!

This continues to be a problem because some feebs out there continue to open attachments even if they have no idea who sent it or why. Harder to resist are the ones from people you know--and especially if it comes from your friendly Possumblogger. I know somewhere out there something has gotten ahold of my Yahoo! address, because I get returned mail from it all the time, as well as viruses sent to me, by me.

As I mention every so often, I do NOT send out unsolicited e-mails with attachments. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it came from me, and it has an attachment, DON'T OPEN IT. If I send you something, I will warn you ahead of time that it will have an attachment, and what sort of file it will be.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com