Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Well, now.

Silly meeting with six cases lasted about as long as one of our regular meetings with 15 cases! As noted yesterday, I have a whole row of stables to shovel out this morning, so not much in the way of tasty and wholesome bloggy goodness, EXCEPT--

Figure I might as well take one of the suggestions from below on what you all want to see pictures of. Marc mentioned wanting to see what Franklin (my old green F-100 I recently sold to the nice Yankee fellow who lives up the block) looks like. Again, not being bold enough to take the camera home with me (seeing as how it's not mine) I did the next best thing and took a picture of the pictures on my wall of Franklin.

Here is one in which the bed is prominently displayed, hauling a winsome 3-year-old named Catherine. (Original taken July 23, 2000) The second shot taken moments later shows Franklin being used as an imaginary fishing platform by said child. I had an old piece of cane pole in the back that had fallen out of a plant I had been hauling from the store, and she grabbed it and pretended to cast a line over the side. Pretty sophisticated for a three year old, if you ask me.

And finally, proof that I am the luckiest man alive.

Anyway, there you go--I'll drop back in again this afternoon.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com