Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Monday, May 17, 2004

An admission.

Before we get along to the incredibly banal details of my weekend, I feel I must make a confession.

The Gap.

This might shock you all, knowing as you do my finely-honed sense of style, but I have never once set foot in a Gap store. Never bought anything from them, never gotten anything as a gift that I had to take back there. The whole place gives me an odd creepy feeling, and it has nothing to do with their ubiquity or a sense that I must hop on the Bash Gap bandwagon--it's just that nothing about the whole concept appeals to me.

Except.

Except for they know how to do commercials. Especially commercials for tank tops. You know the one--girl on a beach, all windblown and bouncy and lascivious and squishy and tanned, walking toward the camera with that look in her eye, and starts peeling off layers of tank tops. That is a very compelling commercial.

Boy came in the room the other day and it was on, and he asked, "How many shirts has she got on!?" Although I was tempted to recite the old Tootsie Pop commercial with the turtle and the owl, I just let it go and said, "A whole bunch." "Well, Dad, why's she keep taking them off?" "They're just trying to show all the colors they have." "Oh." Yep. "Is she gonna take them all off!?" Kid, you're killin' me here. "Nooo, buddy--they can't show that on teevee!" "Well, good! That would be gross!" ::sigh:: A few more years and you won't be saying that, bub.

Anyway, I feel better now having unburdened myself about liking their commercials.

The Gap--clothes that look better coming off than they do on.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com