Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, March 25, 2004

You sure don't see THAT every day...

...at least around here. Was driving in this morning and had to make a detour up to the main post office to drop off a bill (I drop urgent stuff at the main office because it gets picked up every hour, as opposed to sometimeish) and as I made the turn onto 3rd Avenue from 22nd Street, I noticed a bum standing on the opposite corner outside of the Magic City Dining Room. For some reason, he giving the "crazy guy stare" at the big white Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dooley making the turn in front of me. Couldn't figure out what could have been so interesting until I pulled up alongside the truck.

It had a white fiberglass camper shell on it, and neatly letter on the front corner was "British Broadcasting Corp." with the New York bureau address. Cool! Welcome to town, guys! (Unless you're here to do some sort of hatchet job, in which case you can sod off.)


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com