Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Well, now, if that's not an ironic little coincidence.

Just after I posted that last link to the punctuation article, I leapt from my desk to go out for lunch and as I stepped into the stair vestibule, I noticed a book on the floor by the door.

We usually don't get many stairwell books, so I reached down to pick it up and was fascinated to see it was a copy of the Seventh Edition of Reporting for the Media. It's had some use, as there are some pen scribbles on the preface page, and some minor scribbling on toward the middle, including on page 133 the scrawled self-admonition, "be consise" [sic].

I looked for a name of an owner of the book, but there is none. So, I'm going to keep it here at my desk for safekeeping until someone steps forward to claim it. I figure I might do some of the exercises in it and learn all about being a reporter.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com