Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Well, hello!

I had to get my blood drawn this morning in anticipation of my physical Thursday, which explains why I'm running a bit late with this morning's Official First Post of the Day. Which, as it turns out, is this one.

Got to the office a few minutes too early, preceeded by only one tiny elderly lady. We were soon joined by a string of other elderly folks who became quite restless as the clock made its way on around to 8. The lab worker came by in a hurry to open her office, but we still had to wait to sign in at the adjacent room, which was still firmly locked. A big old gent in a cool khaki Members Only jacket decided to take matters into his own hands, and at precisely 7:55, he bravely stepped across the hall and pounded on the door with his big ham fist. BAM. BAM. BAM.

That'll show 'em, chief.

The lab lady stuck her head out of her doorway--"Sir, they're having a staff meeting right now--they'll open in just a moment."

"WELL, they have US now. THEY shouldn't have those things when they told us to show up NOW." The lab lady apologized and asked him to be patient, and the door was unlocked at 8 on the dot.

Now, I may be just making this up, but I am almost certain that their appointments were for the same time mine was--8:30. The office doesn't make appointments before 8:30. I also noted that when we got in, the four seniorly folks who jumped ahead of me to sign in jotted down 8:30 in the slot where it asked arrival time. Including Mr. Impatient.

I felt better when I got to go ahead of him to the lab.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com