Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, March 26, 2004

WEEEE-kend!

Going to be a long one. Although that's no big news. Going to take us all out tonight for Oldest's birthday dinner and shopping--she's going to be turning 14 tomorrow. Hard to believe. We let her choose the place, so we'll be dining at the ultra-spiffy Palace Chinese Restaurant high atop Chalkville Mountain. Or, rather, what's left of it after they cut it down to put in the Wal-Mart. I'm not sure where we'll go shopping, but I imagine it will be a most wonderfully fun experience with the three younger ones all wanting to get in on the act. (Gotta remember to make sure Reba has some Rolaids with her.)

Then tomorrow there is more youth stuff at church that we won't have to stay long for, because Boy has a soccer game down in Shelby County. Then we come back and I have a meeting at church with next quarter's teachers, most of whom are probably going to be out of town for Spring Break. But I'm a'going to have a meeting anyway. They can just breathe a prayer of thanks that I'm not gonna use PowerPoint. And there's finally some yardwork to start doing. The dandelions are coming up pretty quick, and I'm trying to fend off the mass infestation that has covered our neighbor's yard two doors up. His entire yard is a carpet of yellow dandelions. Someone suggested that a crack commando team be despatched one night to saturate the area with Round-Up, but that's probably not a real good option.

Yet.

Anyway, I have my own weeds to contend with. As well as a wife who decided that the white van did such an exceptional job of rock hauling that it could be used to haul even MORE rocks to extend our existing flower beds on either side of the house. "You always have such a hard time cutting up against the house with the lawn mower, you know." Gee, thanks, sugar, but somehow, I think I could manage to do just fine as long as I am not forced to make the job easier by working like a chain-gang convict to correct this rather minor deficiency. (That was said in my head, not out loud.) I sorta grunted, which is my version of the Japanese word hai, which can mean lots of things, occasionally even "yes." Or not.

SO, all of you have a good weekend and I'll see you again Monday.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com