Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, January 30, 2004

Jim Smith empirically works out the equation for the coefficient of friction of ice:

what I have learned since I last blogged, on Tuesday

ice is more slippery than it looks
brick steps are harder than most parts of your body
fractured ribs hurt
fractured ribs really hurt!
pneumothrorax is what we used to call collapsed lung
chest tubes don’t hurt that much going in or coming out
I learned some other things and will be more specific as pain and drugs balance each other out

Jim sent me a note this morning saying he was going to go buy some snacks at Wal-Mart when this happened. Just another example of the dangers of big-box retailers, I say.

In any event, Jim, so sorry to hear about your debilitation and all our best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com