Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Monday, December 29, 2003

Okay--what all’s been agoing on…

Well, let’s see--I have been assimilated by the Borg Collective. It was only a matter of time, you know. But I was over there at one of their big cubes last week buying some last minute Christmas presents, and there beside the checkout line was a plastic string full of Wal-Mart Connect CDs.

Hmm.

700 free hours, then $9.95 a month afterwards. You know, I’ve been paying over 20 bucks a month to BellSouth for dialup access, and that’s just ridiculous. Especially considering how crappy their e-mail service is. Oh, what the heck. Might as well try it.

So I did.

Not too bad--my BellSouth account has a 56k connection, and the Sam’s Choice version hooks up at a ripping (relatively speaking) 115k or so, which is pretty nice. The browser is some sort of proprietary Wallyworld version with great big squishy buttons to click (but no smiley faces, oddly enough), but it lacks some of the oomph of IE--no setting your own homepage, no View Source, and the windows have a completely unpredictable sequence of opening and sizing. The search engine is Google powered, though. There’s some sort of Instant Messaging (which I never use) and probably some other junk in there that everyone wants, but you know, it’s still not bad. It’s good enough for the little bit of time that I get to use the Internet at home, so I think I’ll keep it.

Making our Yuletide complete, I bought tires there Saturday (see perturbed comments below on the post from the 23rd--assuming HaloScan is working right) which were Christmas gifts from my father-in-law, and my mom gave us all Wal-Mart gift cards.

My next big plan is to sell the house and have us all just move in and live there.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com