Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, November 20, 2003

Possum Blogging

No, I ain't the only one, it seems, to be fascinated by the Didelphis virginiana--Mac Thomason just sent me an e-mail pointing out that upstanding sorts like Matt Welch have had their brushes with some of the kinfolk:
[...] We have a possum that lives in a muck-pile behind the terrible, padlocked meth-shed in the back yard. He's a party possum -- I've only seen him thrice; each time we had friends drinking in the yard, and he just trundled along the fence in the thick of the oleander tree & came at rest about 18 inches from neck. Smiling. [...]
Hey, you'd smile, too, if you knew what all we know. Matt's reminiscences were triggered by ANOTHER post about your favorite North American marsupial via Amy Alkon:
[...] Well...it turns out it wasn't Lucy sucking down all that food. Turns out she had a little party for two. Yes, she had a friend over: a big ugly possum who's probably been living in my house for a week! My assistant Heather came over to edit my stuff on Monday and got surprised by him in the bathroom. She slammed the doors to the bathroom and called animal control. Apparently, the animal control guy just waltzed in, picked le critter up by the tail and waltzed out. [...]
I do so love a good waltz...

Anywho, my thanks to these two bright stars of the bloggy firmament for their love and support, as well as that shown toward George Jones.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com