Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, October 24, 2003

You know, that hurt

I usually am a big strong boy, but today's bleeding at the hand of the barber was a bit much to take. And it took forever, too.

Filled out the normal set of a billion questions, then sat down to be poked upon by the same lady who was nice to me yesterday. She was still nice, but her first attempt, using a needle the diameter of sewer pipe, swung wide of my vein and just sort of gouged around in my muscle.

Ouchie. Do not squeal. Do not squeal. Do not squeal.

"I'm so sorry, sugar, I missed it--it was deeper than I thought. Are you okay?"

Mmhm.

"And that's the first one I missed all day--but I guess that doesn't matter if it's YOUR arm!"

"OH, it's okay. Not bad."

Bad. Not okay. But what could I say--she was just too nice. She pulled the pipe out and jabbed me again, this time striking a gusher. Or so I thought. After what seemed like FOREVER, one of the other ladies came around and noted that the bag didn't seem to be filling up very fast. So she jiggered the conduit some more, which only hurt like having a large diameter metal rod moved around in your sensitive spots can hurt.

Do not shriek. Do not shriek. Do not shriek.

I finally willed enough fluid out of my body to finish filling my receptacle, so I was dutifully unplugged and bandaged and sent on my way.

Thank goodness they had Fig Newtons Tom's Fig Bars. I took two, doggone it.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com