Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, October 31, 2003

AAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

(Updated throughout the day!)

More entrants today from the SECOND ANNUAL ALL-FIRED AXIS OF WEEVIL SCARY STORY BLOGBURST--first, a face-to-face meeting with one of the undead (who, believe it or not, drive large General Motors sedans. See how scary!?) from Mistress Meryl:
[...] I stopped for a light. There was a single car in front of me, a large sedan, a silver Oldsmobile or Cadillac. There was no other traffic around on my side of the light.

The driver in the car in front of me opened his door, got out of his car, turned in my direction, lifted his arm and pointed at me. Whether it was a trick of the light or not, his skin was dead white, his hair was white, and he was extremely tall and thin. I was utterly convinced that he was a vampire...[...]
A vampire, or...


EDGAR WINTER!! AAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH!! (Sorry)

AND, although not technically part of the Axis of Weevil, Fritz Schranck is still an evil, EVIL man.

AND, there is also news of a terrible incident at lovely Weevil State University.

AND, Mr. Charles Austin with a terrifying story of brain-eating curculios! And Illiberal Utopian Statists!! (Few things more frightening that a Richard Cohen column.)

AND, Sugarmama comes up with a list of scary stuff, because THE CORPORATE WORLD SUCKED HER CREATIVITY DRY!!

AND, SeaDoc sees spooks!
[...] I was five or six when my parents bought the house that now stands on the site where the old farmhouse once was. We moved in, and as my mother tells it, there were a few nights of strange noises. The last night she had a visit from “her friend,” as she put it, has been told in my family for years. Everyone had gone to bed, and it was late at night. The doorbell rang. No one answered so it rang again. My mother got up to answer and no one was there. You might be thinking “knockers,” but that’s not the end of the story. [...]
Actually, unless your mom looks Morganna, I don't think I would be thinking knockers--but that's just me.

Now, for those who have not been keeping up with all of this silliness (and as a favor to Meryl to keep from having to wade through all of the rest of the flotsam and jetsam that makes up Possumblog), following is a list of what we have so far in the way of scary-fication, in more-or-less reverse chronological order:

Uncle Fester in street clothes

The Compleat Redneck Werewolf Series (coming to DVD for Christmas!)

Some guy telling stories at the library

Ophelia Jemison, 1938--"Spirits all over, they attract your attention whenever they like."

Ghost Reenactors at Wilder Tower

A terror whose name is too horrible to speak.

Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas

A Bearlink to a Dodgelink to some sage advice.

Draperies and aquatic waterfowl.

A whole list of links to various monster chiller haintliness.

Do not click on this link. (You were warned.)

SO, there you have what we have so far.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com