Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, September 10, 2003

It Figures.

When I went to post the entry below, I noticed that Blogger had a couple of new features on the interface screen. One is SPELLCHECK!! This little toolbar button went away not long after I signed on--at the time, cash-strapped Ev said that the software to run the button was too costly to continue using. BUT, it's back now. Must be some of that good Googlucre.

Another thing is that there are two checkboxes over to the right of the edit box, labelled "Draft" and "Change Time & Date". One of the nice things about the Blogger "lo-fi" version I had been using (which was for older, less robust and handsome web browser versions) was that when you pushed "publish", you got a handy little screen that looked similar to what would be on-screen so you could check your formatting and junk. The "hi-fi" version I have now after the computer guys upgraded me to Windows2000 doesn't do that. It just posts like it always did.

I figured that I would try out the Draft checkbox just to see what it did. I typed up a post amazingly similar to the one above, clicked the box, pushed "Post", and it ate it all gone. Blip. Gone. So, I retyped this little shebang once more, after breathing a labored sigh.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com