Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, September 17, 2003

All you need to know about Wesley Clark, from Yorkie--
[...] Any retired military officer who claims, out loud, that his whole career was about pointing him toward the political arena makes me distinctly uncomfortable. Military service is a very unique and specific calling. I'd be the last person to tell you that there aren't politics involved in that service, because there are -- there are politics involved in most jobs these days. The politics of military life, especially in high visibility positions, can be particularly brutal.

But Clark's position strikes me as a bit distasteful. Men and women who serve, especially in positions of senior leadership, should not be serving as a means of securing a political future. [...]
to Kudzu--
[...] Generals who decide they should be President. I spent 32 years in the Army. In that time, I never knew a General who had any business being President although most I met were really good politicians. I never met Wesley Clark, but you can bet he doesn't have my vote nor do I think he will get many votes from the military. After all, he did get effectively relieved of duty by Clinton. [...]
Well, if Dean is McGovern, maybe Wes is MacArthur. (Although to be fair, MacArthur ran as a Republican.)

The runup to the convention is not one of those things that I particularly get all het up about, but I did think it interesting to see how Francesca and Larry see things, given their backgrounds.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com