Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, August 21, 2003

That Peg Britton gal sure knows how to eat!
[...] We ate at Potrillos, or however it is spelled. I like #19, Brit had #15. Actually, I like them all. [...]

[...] Thursday I'm going to Sterling to eat a hamburger with Bill Bunyan #1033, a Kansas Explorer who has eaten a hamburger in every county in the state. It is his birthday and he has chosen to eat his last burger at Paddy's with his fellow Explorers, and others. Sterling also hosted Larry the Bowler's last bowl. Everyone is invited to attend. They'll ask Bill to make a few remarks; we'll ask him questions (no doubt regarding hamburgers) and eat a hamburger with him in the back room at 1:00. Just show up. [...]

[...] A friend from Pawnee Rock is coming tomorrow for lunch and a visit. I’m looking forward to that. Big salads are on the menu along with a side of white-fleshed nectarines. I bought some today and they are almost too sweet to eat. They are marvelous.

Oh, one more thing. I'll divulge a secret combination that is my own creation. Toast two slices of whole wheat bread and spread both slices liberally with Jiff extra crunchy peanut butter. Then take a ripe, homegrown tomato that has never seen the inside of a refrigerator and peel it. Slice it thick and put the whole thing, one way or another, on one of the slices of toast. Then take a very thick slice of icy cold Walla Walla, Vadalia or some very sweet onion and put that on. A thick slice! Put the sandwich together and enjoy. It's an incredible combination. Really it is. I have variations on that theme too, if you really twist my arm! [...]
My father was quite fond of peanut butter and dill pickles on white bread sandwiches. Smooth, though, not crunchy.

And by the way, Miss Peg, consider your arm twisted.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com