Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, August 21, 2003

Oh, they're getting better!

Just got another nice e-mail from a guy in Nigeria--but with a twist!!:
Jeff Adams.

Lagos-Nigeria
DEAR SIR/MADAM
I am Jeff Adams.
Chairman of the Tender Committee of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). My Committee is principally concerned with payment of all contract awarded from 1998 to date, in order of priority as regard capital projects of the NNPC. The information we gathered from the Foreign Office of the Nigeria Chambers of Commerce and Industries is so positive as to convince us that you would provide us with solution to a money transfer deal valued at Thirty One Million United States Dollars and subsequently a joint business venture.


[yadda-yadda "liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) project", "over-invoiced", "we have worked out all modalities", "please contact me...with the following...Account Number", "Please be informed that this subject is classified sensitive"]

Yours Faithfully,
Jeff Adams.
Most of these things are automatic deletes, but the use of a plain old Anglo-Saxon name was such a nice touch. Deserving of an answer:
Jeff? THE Jeff Adams I went to high school with!? The last I heard, you and Nelda had gotten married and were living in Gulfport, Mississippi!! How in the world did you wind up over there in Nigeria? Are y'all still together?

You know, me and Tim Brand was looking at the yearbook a couple of weeks ago, and it's funny (especially considering where you are now) but you got voted Most Likely to be Incarcerated! But now it looks like you've gone legit, man! How did you ever swing such a sweet gig? The closest you ever got to petroleum was that jar of Vaseline you kept in your underwear drawer!

I was sorry to hear about your mom, by the way. I know you always said she was a real beeatch, but you know, when it's your mom like that, well, it's gotta be hard to deal with.

I hope Nelda is doing good--tell her I said hey if y'all are still hooked up. I hope all that stuff between me and her hasn't put a strain on you. It's like we said back then, that was band camp, and you know how band camp is.

Well, I guess I should let you get back to work, good luck on that deal and all.
Nah, I didn't sign it. He knows me, after all.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com