Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, August 22, 2003

Getting to be that time...

Soccer last night--Boy had his first practice and nearly ran himself in the ground. He has about four kids on his team that were on it in the spring--unfortunately, the ones who seem to take great pleasure in being constant nuisances. Middle Girl had her practice and was run around mercilessly, too, but tickled to pick up the handy skill of sliding on the ground to steal the ball away from someone. (Stealing the ball is called 'tackling' in soccer, but I steadfastly refuse to use that term because if you actually do a nice open field tackle on someone and put them on their backs in the grass, you get a penalty. What sort of game is that!? Well, it AIN'T football, that's for sure.)

Reba had to go up to the school for a meet-the-teacher night for Jonathan's class. He got the same teacher Rebecca had last year, and she had nothing but high praise for both of them. She shouldn't have too much trouble out of Jonathan--I think he's rather sweet on her.

Got home at nearly nine, then had to turn around and go get gas in Reba's van, then come back and try to get everyone in bed. Took forever, due to homework left undone. Grr. Tonight, right back at it--Jonathan has practice again, and Rebecca's team is scrimmaging the 11 year old BOYS!! I imagine her team will do very well--the boys tend to not think the girls are any good, and hold back a bit to keep from hurting any of them, which, given the group of girls on her team means that the boys should get their clocks cleaned. These girls, even at 11 years old, are big and fast and good. Should be fun to watch.

Then, tomorrow, I HAVE to get out and cut the weeds down. They are taking over, and I haven't done my farm duties for far too long. And then, yet another trip to the park in the afternoon for YET ANOTHER scrimmage for Rebecca's team.

I suppose I have no reason to be tired since I'm not the one out there running around, but still, I sense an impending period of great fatigue.

And then there's our normal allotment of churching-up on Sunday, and I imagine there will be several small children in our house who will be plotting my overthrow as benevolent dictator during the weekend, and I forsee much effort expended trying to stay on top of the ever-lengthening honey-do list, and probably some food in there, and probably no nice, long, naps.

BUT IN ANY CASE, I think I will head toward the ranch and see what happens, and if I make it back in one piece on Monday, I might even write something about it. (Not that I ever do anything like that, but you never know...)

SO, you all go and have yourselves a nice weekend and let's see how it goes!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com