Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, June 26, 2003

Well, now

The fellow from the dealership picked me up right on time, so I was able to get to the shop with time to spare. And since I'm away from work, what better way to use spare time than to run by the Trussville library and do a little blogging! I have a whole 45 minutes or so, which I have used to play with my BRAND NEW COMMENTS FEATURE and answer e-mail and look at the statuesque young lady across the partition from me who's wearing only a tank top, shorts, and a pony tail. Man, I gotta come to the library more often!

As for the Oddity, in good shape now, all of its vital essences refreshed, its rolly things swapped back and forth, and...and JIMMIED WITH by the techs. HOW FLIPPIN' HARD IS IT guys to just fix the derned car and not feel you have to scramble the radio presets and screw around with the climate control. IT HAS AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL--you DO NOT HAVE TO MESS WITH IT! Further, you really don't have to turn the volume up so loud on the radio. Especially since I left it off on purpose as an apparently much-too-subtle hint to leave it alone. Oooh--she's leaving now. Wow, what an armload of books.

It is nice, though, that they have a shuttle service. I didn't quite know how we were going to handle all the trips today--little kids to daycare, wife to work, me to work, me to dentist, wife to daycare to pick up kids, wife to home to pick up Oldest, wife and me to soccer park for Middle Girl's soccer camp, wife and remainder of kids to high school for Oldest's band camp, me to home with Middle Girl in time to go to bed. It's been a busy, BUSY week. Bec's soccer camp and Ashley's band camp run all week for an hour or three each night. Tuesday was even longer when I couldn't get the Plymouth to crank. Seems I drove it completely dry of fuel just as I pulled into the parking space, so I had to bum a cell phone...Good Grief!! Must be Supermodel Day at the library!...and call Reba at 9 p.m. to bring me the can of lawn mower gas, which contained only enough to tease the engine, thus requiring a trip with all of us to the gas station and back with a full can, which DID work, but then I had to go actually fill the thing up. Lesson learned. At least for a little while.

Design review meeting yesterday, then furious typing of minutes, then church last night, and then in late again, and then the deal with the vehicles today, and you know what? I think I'm going to enjoy being on vacation.

Reader Jim Smith from the entirely made up place called East Carolina says he wants me to write something about food since he's started the Atkins diet. I told him I would do it tomorrow, but since I have some spare time, here goes. Next week there will be luscious shrimp po-boys from the Original Oyster House, and crab cakes, and Greek style snapper, and grilled mahi, and crab claws, and piles of fried oysters and that's just for breakfast the first day. And what would a trip to the Gulf Coast be without a nice slow-roasted manatee! Mmmm. Save me a flipper!

Anyway, it's getting time to go to get my tooth refilled, so I'll return to my hiatus which will last on into tomorrow. Still have some notes to finish up, and a drawing to get done before I go on real vacation.

Mmmm.

Crabs.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com