Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Oh, you!

You thought Francesca Watson and I were SOOOO silly for coming up with the Jessica Rabbit petition deal way back when...well, bucko, look what Mr. Bleaty came up with this a.m.:
Aaannnd . . . I cracked open the Special Extended Nineteen-disc DVD of “Who Framed Roger Rabbit.” Didn’t watch the movie; I’m not sure I want to. Someday when Gnat can understand it, perhaps. I bought it for the “Roger Rabbit” shorts, which I’d never seen. I watched one. It was exhausting. It set my teeth on edge from the start, and it was mostly bad until the end. Like the movie, it was loud beyond belief and pointlessly frenetic; it JUST - KEPT - HITTING - YOU - ON - THE - HEAD with a FRYING - PAN until you gave in and said ha, ha already. As much as I enjoyed Bob Hoskins (the thinking man’s Phil Collins!) and Jessica Rabbit (jeezum crow, how many 13 year old boys spontaneously exploded in a shower of shameful meat when she did that song? ), the film is a great disappointment. The fault lies with Roger Rabbit. He’s incredibly annoying. Whenever he’s on screen it’s like you’re flossing with an emery board.

Would it be better as a CGI feature? Maybe so. Maybe the toons really needed to be three-dimensional for the idea to work.
As we've always known, Jessica needs her own, SOLO, 3-D extravaganza. Dump the Rabbit, toots.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com