Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, June 26, 2003

Despite the fact that I am on hiatus, and that I will have to leave in just a bit to ride back to Roebuck and go pick up the Odyssey which is having its 30,000 mile cannon-shot-to-the-wallet, and afterwards I will be going back to the dentist for her to fix the broken filling in my upper left toothal region (which will also require the deft removal of more non-existent money from my wallet), I felt compelled to drop what I was doing as I feverishly try to get all my crap done here at work and take up the advice of the crowd of you who keep wanting me to add comments.

I have resisted doing this for many, MANY months--I have an aversion to anything else which requires me to keep tabs on something, as well as an oft-repeated disdane for comment section trolls, and those darned kids and their loud stereos and their baseball caps turned around backwards, and that moronic loud fat..er, ahem...sorry.

Also, as any of you who correspond via e-mail with me on a regular basis know, I tend to get rather wordy and long-winded and never can quite get the hang of letting go of a topic and always think that I have to reply numerous times until you all get tired of it and wonder why you wrote in the first place, which makes me think that if there's a comment, that I'll be compelled to say some sort of clever thing back until the whole deal gets messed up with my yammering.

Yammering I try especially hard to confine to the blog, because it's hard to come up with extra yammer material.

But.

All the cool kids are doing it. Yes, I know all the cool kids also have their own domains and something other than Blogger (Now With Less Crappiness!), but Comments is cheap to the point of being free. So, with no small amount of trepidation, I signed Possumblog up with HaloScan to let each and every three of you have at it and comment to your hearts' content.

A few rules--

1) Don't flame other folks. You got something to say to someone you don't like, take it up with them outside.

2) Don't use language any more vulgar than I use.

3) Don't be a troll. Despite being seemingly ignorance of computery things, well...trust me, just don't be a troll. You're life is unpleasant enough as it is.

4) I still have e-mail, and if Chet the E-Mail Boy feels he is being shunted aside, John Henry-like, for any of that newfangled fancy stuff, he will become despondent and stop taking his medicine and start wandering off again.

5) Ahhh, let's see...OH! Nah, I covered that...

6) Don't go all the way back to the start of this smoldering trash heap and leave a comment. Anything past about a week that you have a comment about should be routed to Chet.

Oh well, can't think of anything else right now.

If you have a comment, feel free to leave it--I'm returning to my hiatus so I can finish all this stack of stuff in front of me.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com