Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Okay now, back for a minute or two--As always, the sleep-inducing recapitulation of my entire weekend will have to wait for a bit in order for the boys running the Linotype machines to get it all set, but when it does hit the page, whoo-BOY you'll be regaled with tales of The Buying of Paint, The Manly Act of Grass Cutting, The Soccer Party, The Trip to the Butterfly Store, The New Bird Feeders, More Manly Grass Cutting, Churching, Armadillo Requiescat In Pace, The Manly Act of Moving Furniture While Wearing a Suit, Painting, Painting, Painting, Painting, and then some Painting (OOOOH, I forgot The Manly Art of Grilling--sorry about that).

You won't want to miss it--unless you have something more pressing to accomplish such as stacking grains of sand one atop the other, or perhaps counting your eyelashes.

UNTIL SUCH TIME AS IT TAKES TO COMPLETE MY TASK, you should wander over to see Fred First this morning--Fred sent me a note yesterday (to which I am obviously very tardy in responding) and a link to a story he found in his stash of good stuff:
Just thought about you and folks south. Found an old journal entry from the Pleistocene, telling about a hiking trip to the Sipsey... in August, of all times! Of course, the bod was 30 years younger and I was invincible at the time. Just thot I'd send along the link, thinking maybe you or readers might have been up that way, and had fond memories as I do.
Thank you, Fred, and for those who have neglected to drop by Floyd County, Virginia to chat with Fred in the past, you will not be disappointed when you do stop in. Fred consistently writes some of the best work around, as well as being an accomplished photographer.

IN OTHER NEWS BEFORE I GO SCRIBBLE...I logged on this morning to Blogger, and found that my blog template was from two weeks ago. Hmmm. That's odd. I went ahead and put in a new quote and a new silly tagline at the top, as well as the first entry of the morning, expecting everything to post (and then having to go back and fix my links to the folks who I have added to the bloglist). Odd thing, but the entry showed up just fine, but the header didn't update. On screen, it's still the same one from LAST week.

Boy, that new Dano software is gonna be just ACES!, I tell you! I can hardly wait!

Stupid, STUPID Blogger.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com