Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, May 30, 2003

DATE NIGHT!

Whoo-hoo!!! Maw-in-law called last night, said to pack offspring and their clothing into a seabag and bring them over for the ENTIRE NIGHT, so as to allow Miss Reba and yours truly to have some time to go paint the town red. Being that I am painted out, due to my mighty exertions of Monday, I believe we will take this time to go see ourselves a moving picture show.

Reba asked me at lunch what I wanted to go see, and I insisted that it be something other than a chick-flick. One of her coworkers said Daddy Day Care was good. Sorry. Chick-flick. I just now went over to the website for the theater and started going down the list--Finding Nemo? Kid-flick. (Although I do want to see it. But not without the kids).

Anger Management? Adam Sandler, Jack Nicholson, doing schtick. Rather be run over by a bus.

Identity? People start getting mysteriously dead. Not good for naptime. Pass.

Likewise, Wrong Turn. When will you people learn!? Don't go to mysterious, out of the way places with a large group of teenagers where bad things happened to large groups of teenagers in the past.

X-2: X-Men United? Not a big comic book-to-movie fan, but more to the point, when you have THIS, why on Earth would you want to have any X-Men? I mean, she's blue, and she has yellow eyes, but still. Pass.

Bruce Almighty? Oooh, yeah--God talking through his butt. Pass.

Down With Love?
This is the story, set in New York City in 1963, of a budding romance between womanizing journalist and playboy Catcher Block (McGregor), cleverly described as a "man's man, ladies' man, man about town", and a strident feminist advice columnist, Barbara Novak (Zellweger), who finds her own rules of love contradicted by her attraction to the cad.
Dang, just call the thing "Chick Movie" and be done with it. Nah.

The In-Laws? It has exactly half of Hollywood's hottest couple in it. Unfortunately, not the half I want to pay to see. And it has Albert Brooks. See comment above about succumbing to the Grim Reaper via impact of speeding omnibus.

Holes? Hmm. Intriguing. Yet, still a kid-flick. Just not in the mood for THAT, if you know what I mean.

Already seen Lizzie McGuire, once being quite sufficient for the remainder of my lifetime. Which just leaves The Italian Job and The Matrix Reloaded. Obviously, the NEW Italian Job movie is no match for the original, so it looks like it's Matrix time. Which will be interesting seeing as how I've never seen the original.

In any event, I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out, bright and early Monday. Have a great weekend!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com