Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, April 25, 2003

Fan Mail

As all of you know, I have legions of loyal readers who like nothing better than to sit down and write loving, sweet e-mails to me--let's read one, shall we? From the Sunshine State's sunniest correspondent, Bet Mulligan--
Subject: Madonna for Iraqi Information Minister!!

Dear Mr. Possum,

How could you?!
It was easy, let me tell you! (I wonder what we're talking about...)
You have besmirched the name of the best deadpan comedian of our lifetime. Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf (M.S.S.) is a national treasure. If you go to his websites http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/ and http://www.theinformationminister.com you will see the love.
Now, now--although it may seem that I was besmirching Baghdad Bob by saying some incredibly wealthy (yet cheap) Hollywood Hypocrite could fill his ample comedic combat boots, in reality, nothing could be further from the truth!! (Oddly Enough!) As you all can tell from the above websites, Saeedude's career is skyrocketing--the InfoMin job was always a dead-end sort of gig (in more ways that one) and one which was always much too small for his ample talent. The office does seem perfect for Mrs. Richie, however, whose career seems to be bundled into the same one-way flaming handbasket as al-Sahaf's former boss.
Drawing any sort of parallel between M.S.S. and Madonna is a scandal and a tragedy. I can only shake my head wondering what drove you to such an utterance. Perhaps it was the lack of Lileks (altho personally I think James Lileks is Andrew Sullivan without the disco). The mind reels.
Oh, come now, Bet! Having seen TRUE scandal and tragedy, i.e., the Andy Griffith Show getting rid of Barney and bringing in Warren, and then going to color, I think it's laying it on a bit thick to say this even comes close. As for what drove me to make such a statement, I will confess that the momentary loss of a solid link to Lileks did cause no little consternation here at the keyboard and did, in some small way, make me feel compelled to link to a story with all sorts of twitlike twaddle from a tawdry tart.

Luckily, I had a Wet-Nap in the desk drawer, and after using it, I did feel refreshed.
You are a good man. Err, possum. I will continue to read and enjoy your pixels of pearls.
Awwww...See!? She still loves me and my warm soft fur and my acorn-sized brain!
Go Bucs!
Ah, Tampa Bay...what a team! What a wonderful group of folks! Thank you, Bet Mulligan, for your kind letter and for your support.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com