Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Monday, March 31, 2003

::whwwhuhwwwhuh-tap-tap:: Hello? Can you hear me? This thing on?

Oh! Hello there!

Good crowd here this morning--let's see; one, two, three, fou...three. OH! HEY! AH!AHhh. Oh. Just the UPS truck driving by. Well, hello there, folks, glad you could stop by.

Well now, that was some more sort of unplanned-for vacation I had--I truly wish I could remember more of it, but all weekend I have been chasing my tail like a Jack Russell on meth, and if I could remember exactly what I said to the foreman when they left and said the shingle guy was coming back later, and then the painters would come back sometime after that, well, it might just not sound the same as it did then. The moment's gone I suppose. Or if I told you how much fun it is to use a yard sprayer full of all sorts of petrochemical-derived herbicides while the wind is blowing at 20 miles per hour, you might just not get the fullest effect of the operation. Or were I to tell you of the stunning soccer victories scored by Boy's (2-0) and by Middle Girl's (4-0) teams this weekend, you would probably blow it off as mindless jingoism. (Especially the part where I say that Rebecca probably played the best game she ever played.) Then there's the Teacher Banquet on Saturday evening that I have been planning for our Sunday school teachers for a month now that managed to draw a crowd that equalled approximately one-quarter of the amount of teachers we actually have. And then, there was the start-of-the-new-quarter teacher's meeting that was yesterday, which started precisely the moment that the baby shower being held at the building ended. And then there was the trip to take the new Odyssey in for some warranty work this morning, which required lovely Wife to come by and get me and haul my sorry carcass to work. Which is where I found that when I am gone, no one does my work (not to mention their own work). Which means that I have had to neglect my poor, pitiful, forelorn, unloved, pile of pixels to get some paying work done.

BUT!! Now I'm back, I reckon, so it's time for some fun!

Such as mocking Peter Arnett, who seems to be building quite a CV for himself. I hear there are several job openings at the Iraqi Ministry of Information, though, so he should do okay. Don't need a weatherman to know which way the Tailwind's blowing, eh, Pete? Maybe he could hook up with Pierre Salinger and Robert Fisk and they could do a road show. Or maybe a series of short comedic films. "WHhhhhyyyy, I oughta...WOOWOOWOWOWOOWOO!! SPREAD OUT, KNUCKLHEADS!!"

Morons.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com