Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Possum Skinning!?
[...] I’m sure they’ll be fine, and in a way this solitude will be fun. Tomorrow night I will be having one of those rare, precious moments of liberty: I can listen to the TV after ten without headphones! I don’t have to avoid the creaky step on the way the stairs when I come to bed late! I can cook up the heroin in the kitchen and not care if I set off the smoke alarm! No more skinnin’ possums in the garage - hell, put down some papers and do it sittin’ in front of Brit Hume’s show the way it’s meant to be done! [...]
Where did I go wrong? What did I say? Was it because I mixed up the sizes of the spice bottles? Because I got the lemon-scented cleaner instead of the orange? Because I don't have a Mac? Or TiVo? Is my childrens' "chintzy plastic bling" not up to par? Is it just the heroin talking?

UPDATE! Janis Gore suggests the following:
Subject: What you did...

Hon,

You knocked over the dog's water dish!

Some years ago we took in a stray cat. We fed her outside at the beginning, then started feeding in the kitchen because we had all kinds of varmints coming in the night. The dogs from next door, other cats, skunks and one huge, fat, snarly possum. The possum would just hunker and hiss no matter how roughly you spoke to him. Lyman would go out flapping his arms and screaming at the fellow, and he'd just glare and bare his teeth. Not at all the sort of civilized behavior Mr. Lileks would accept.
Oh. Well, in that case, I suppose it's okay. But he needs to put down some of that plastic sheeting he got from the hardware store--icky stuff will go right through paper and get all over the carpet.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com