Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Good Morning!

I got some sleep last night! I feel almost human. I started crashing (figuratively) last night about halfway home, which is not good in the dark when you're driving in bumper to bumper traffic moving at 110 miles an hour. (I'm exaggerating, of course. It wasn't really bumper to bumper--there was probably a good foot or two betwixt everone.) Napping and driving in the dark is probably not the best way to insure long life, so it was nice to get close to home. Not all the way--had to stop and pick up my shirts from the laundry and then stop at Food World to pick up milk and juice boxes and snacks for the kids. It's always crowded at that time, and I had to go with the shortest line rather than the cutest cashier line. The only good thing is that I was able to look over toward the cutest cashier, and it wasn't the mop-headed duuuude on Number 5. Got home and open the garage door and see wife and Middle Daughter frantically motioning for me to get inside. Rebecca came running out and I told her to help me with the stuff, but she was too excited--the excitement inside was the press conference in which Don "For the Children" Siegelman was conceding the election.

I continued to get stuff out and as she finished telling me, I threw my head back and started laughing a loud, sinister fake laugh--"BWaaaah Ha Ha Haaaaaa!!!" and she said, "Shhhh, Daddy! The neighbors will hear you!" "BWWWWAHHHhhhaaahahahaha!!!" She finally rolled her eyes and went inside, as did I, in time to see most of the speech. Oh well, that's over with. I wish I could say good riddance, but some folks become a bit too dependent upon feeding at the public teat, so I know Dapper Don will be back.

Ate supper, read the mail, got Tiny Terror bathed and in the bed, made sure the rest got their baths, and hit the sack at 9:30. Sure was nice.

And now, here I am again. I have a stack of meeting minutes I have to get typed up, so blogging will be sporadic today. Before I go, I wanted to leave you with the second installment of the Bama Joke Week of Wittitude, but some might think it a bit insensitive due to the terrible accident which happened last night in Tuscaloosa. A pickup truck load of Alabama students went off the road and plunged into the Warrior River around Northport. The students in the back of the pickup drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down so they could get out. BA-dump-bump! Thank you, everybody--kinda sneaked that one in there! Anyway, surely you should know by now that nothing will stop the Week of Wittitude, so here is the story of the day:

Two Bama fans were out fishing one day and found a real hot spot. They were just pulling fish in right and left. One says to the other, "You know what, we oughta mark this spot so we can come back again," and pulls out a pencil and draws a big X in the water beside the boat. The other says "You big dumb idiot! Gimme that pencil--" and he grabbed it and marked the X on the side of the boat. "You draw it in the water like that and EVERYBODY will know where it is!"

Thanks again folks! Good night and drive safely!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com