Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, September 27, 2002

So, how to top THAT? Great gravy, I hope I don't have to for a while. (Ref. the post I did earlier about Pyrrhic victories.) Janis Gore did relate that it could be worse, though, noting that her sister went through menopause at the same time as her sister's daughter hit puberty.

Gee, something to look forward to.

There are, I'm sure, a few of you out there who might be tut-tutting my simplistic, old-fogey, black-and-white world view. Let me just tell you that I don't live in a world of shades of gray--it's a Technicolor paint factory explosion of moral ambiguity out there--I WISH it could be nice, calm shades of gray. As it is, there's darned dangerous crap out there that's just as pretty as can be, in a bewildering multichromic array of bright shininess which just screams "Touch Me!" to my kids. And me, for that matter.

Anyway, tonight's pizza night, so life is pretty good. Tomorrow is going to be one of those long, Napoleanic overland marches starting in the wee early hours as I take Boy to his game up beyond Dixiana to the tip-top part of the county, then turn back around and take Middle Girl to her game way down south in Riverchase in Shelby County, while Reba gets to take Sledgehammer Baby to her game at the home park. Sometime in there we will all get together again, I suppose, and probably collapse in a heap and take a nap.

Isadore has done wonders for all of the near-death weedy matter around the house, and those mums that Reba got last week are still sitting in their little pots out in the flower bed, begging to be put in some decent ground instead of having all their flowery friends snicker and make fun of them. These items might get addressed sometime within the next...oh, year or so. Sometime in amongst all this we have to wash clothes and take a swipe at some of the housegrime. Auburn will be playing Syracuse, and I will more than likely not get to hear any of it until way late at night on the sports wrap-up. (Do good, Tigers!)

Sunday likewise will be full of stuff--church, lunch, then soccer photos. For all three kids. But not at the same time. Oh no, too convenient by half. All afternoon, spaced about an hour and a half apart. Then it's back on with the go-to-meeting clothes and head back for evening services, then supper with the lovely Jennifer at Ruby Tuesday. (She's getting much too popular--the last time we were in there she had three huge tables of folks who had requested she be their waitress. Yeah, I know, life's tough.)

There will be some sleep in there, I suppose, and then Monday morning will dawn brightly and I will once again return to my lovely office burrow, ready for yet another week.

Until then, have a good weekend, and see you Monday!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com