Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Monday, August 26, 2002

Undone by ol' Charlie Foxtrot

Whew. Aside from Friday, the weekend was blessedly free of much of anything. No road trips, no shopping excursions, just laundry and laying about watching videos. Made up for the horror of Friday. Almost.

As you will recall (if you read down below to the last post) we were in the process of attempting to prove the theory that an object can exist simultaneously in multiple locations. I think we have managed to pretty well do away with all that nonsense. Just cain't happen.

And the worst part is that I dare not do a detailed analysis of the strategic and tactical errors that contributed to an extra 50 mile round trip to Branchville, a one and a half hour soccer clinic that only lasted about 45 minutes for one little fellow, a skating party/sleepover that exploded due to finding that 12 year olds have a terrible time choosing "friends" (and just what in the [insert long string of foul Anglo-Saxon curses here] sort of parents just drop their feral brats at a skating rink and tell them they might be back at ELEVEN! Oldest was then shunned by her "friends" for bringing her mom along. The only good thing was the little epiphany of "You know what, Mom? I need to to a better job of picking my friends." Halleluiah.) No I dare not, for the same reason that I have learned not to answer the question "Does this make me look fat?" I haven't had 11 good, happy married-man years by being an idiot.

Nope, sometimes there are things which are best left alone; little unspoken reminders of the results of trying to put 10 pounds of mud in a 5 pound sack.

And there is also the issue of doing something productive this week. It appears I am going to have to take a busman's blogging holiday (blogman's? blogiday?) in order to complete the craptacular mess that now sits before me. One word--PowerPoint. As the only person on the floor who can plumb the mysteries of the greatest tool ever devised to senselessly torture meeting attendees, I have been charged with giving that Barton Fink feeling to some danged-fool mess for one of my legion of bureaucrabosses. I'm sure it will have the wonderful cutting-edge feel of the mid-1990s. Whee.

So, my apologies for the remainder of the week in which my stunningly mundane writing skills will be poured into a multimedia dreckfest of unimaginable horror, leaving no time to display them herein for your pleasure. I should be back in form next week; so in the mean time, be sure to read all of the wonderful folks up top in my list of links. I will be able to answer e-mail should it come my way, but no blogging.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com