Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, August 28, 2002

The Secret to Increasing Possumblog Readership

...is apparently to write absolutely nothing! For some odd reason, yesterday saw traffic only 20 hits shy of the all-time record number of visits to Possumblog, all without benefit of any new posts. Why? Well, first thanks to Moira Breen at Inappropriate Response, Charles Austin at Sine Qua Non Pundit, and my new blog buddy Francesca Watson at Yorkie Blog for all linking to the post I did on the WTC lecture I went to last week. As for the other few hundred of you who dropped by looking for pictures of nekkid newswomen or possum skeletons or the best place to buy boots in Taiwan, my profound apologies. And no, it does not help to translate Possumblog into either German or Italian.

In order to maintain this high hit count, I will continue to work on my stupid work-related PowerPoint presentation. Actually, despite my protestations, PowerPoint is not really bad. Much like the bagpipes. But as they say about the bagpipes, than' Gawd there's nae smell. In addition, this being the second Wednesday of the month, there is our normally scheduled regulatory good-taste-burden to place upon the hard-working citizens of our city, with the resulting paperwork I must complete in typing up the minutes and swabbing the toilets.

SO, as in the past few days, I will be nonblogatory in extremis at least for today, and possibly tomorrow in order to get this mess wrapped up. As always, I will be checking e-mail, though, so if you have a comment, I'll try to answer.

Thanks for dropping by, and be sure to visit everyone else up there in the links as you wait for the next installment of hammered poo from Possumblog.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com