Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, August 29, 2002

As I deduced...

...since I wrote something yesterday, my hit traffic crashed into a small pile. That'll teach me! But in any event, I am now through with the pre-boss's-editorial-hatchetry version of my wondrously colorful and animated PowerPoint presentation (90M for only 22 slides--you think I might need to compress some of those graphics? Naaaaah), although I still have a pile of typing of meeting notes left to accomplish today, so with your indulgence, I will devote my day to gainful employment and hopefully return tomorrow all dewy fresh for a final day of unfettered blogological prosiating.

BUT, before I repair to my paying job, I did want to mention a new link up topside there, William Hooker over at Trojan Horseshoes. Axis of Weevil member and Keeper of the Scourge of Truth Charles Austin noted that since Mr. Hooker's blog dealt with "thoughts on topics such as geek stuff, southern culture, life as a first-time parent and politics," he might be a possible new inductee into the Cotton State Blogging and Black Powder Society, LLC.

Alas, po' Bill (or, on occasion, Tony) has stated that although the Boll Weevil State has no small amount of charm, his loyalty and fidelity cannot be wrenched from his beloved North Carolina, his allegience to Andy Griffith Country being much too great (even with the oft-abused offer to invoke the Calvinball rules to insure his paperwork does not get lost in the broom closet!) In the stead of Axis membership, though, Trojan Horseshoes does get a link with all my other daily reads, virtually guaranteeing that Mr. Hooker will receive at least one hit a day!

So then, off to work, and as in the past four days, my e-mail coolie is running hither and yon with messages if you loyal Possumblog readers feel the need to correspond.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com