Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Mystery Benefactor Revealed!

PREREAD UPDATE: Charles Austin writes to say:
Wouldn't it be more correct to write "Mystery Benefactor Discovered" or even "Mystery Benefactor Reveals Himself (Herself?)" since you did not in fact reveal the identity of the mysterious benefactor.

Hmmm, the only other mysterious person I know is Juan Gato.
::sigh::

As always, the Possumblog Editorial Board welcomes the opportunity to correct or clarify entries in order to mitigate any possible ill effects from a much-too-literal reading of anything written herein.

Mystery Benefactor Reveals Himself to Possumblogger (and To Possumblogger Alone) Because He, That Is, The Mysterious Benefactor, Still Wishes To Remain Anonymous (But Is Willing To Allow That He Is Not Juan Gato). Upon This Revelation, Possumblogger Writes a Short Entry to Say Thanks.




As noted yesterday, I noticed that some very gracious person had slipped a bribe to the Blog*Spot guard to get rid of the banner ad which used to grace the top of the page.

That person, who wishes to remain anonymous, wrote me back to confess and to express his thanks for the piddling bit of assistance I was able to lend to his own (now growing in influence) blogging effort. Again, as I told him, any help I have been able to offer is certainly NOT worth such a nice gift, but I do sincerely appreciate the thoughtfulness. He supplied me with an official statement to post to explain his motivation:
Thank you Possumblogger for [snipped hubristic part out here about being great and wonderful and pretty and stuff]. As a patron of fine arts, I know good art when I seez it, and you ain't half bad! At a time when chuckles are scarce, you are a great source of snorts, chortles and the occasional lol's. God bless, and tell Reba and the yung'uns that (you-know-who) sez hey!
Thank you, Anonymous Patron of the Marsupial Arts!

I would also like to say thanks to everyone who continues to visit and read. It may be hard to figure it out, since I never really come right out and say it, but if there is any sort of intent to this whole enterprise, it is to ask all of you to be decent, treat each other decently, love your family, defend those who cannot fend for themselves, honor the sacrifices of your forebears, and cherish the blessings of freedom.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com