Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Just when you thought it could become no more ponderous or overburdened, the Weevilland Defense Force adds YET ANOTHER new member!

In a stunning addition of literary firepower, the mighty Axis of Weevil vaults to the leading edge of world blogging supremacy with the addition of Fragments from Floyd, written by none other than famous Auburn graduate (BS Biology, MS Vertebrate Zoology) and Birmingham native Fred First.

Now despite what you may think, "Floyd" refers not to Howard McNear, but to the verdant home of Mr. First--Floyd, Virginia--along the grassy banks of Goose Creek. Fred stumbled into the furry mess that is Possumblog via N.Z. Bear's Blogospheric Ecosystem, after taking an ill-advised look around at his fellow Crawly Amphibians. He sent a very nice note, which I answered with a long-winded tirade against the League of Nations and an advocacy of a return to the gold standard, which I think scared him slightly.

However, despite his well-founded reservations, he has agreed to throw in with those of the Greater Alabama Society of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Sufferers, and vows to continue to supply the world with some absolutely gorgeous photographs of his home town and its environs.

THEREFORE; BY the power vested in me by the Shop Superintendent of the Julia Tutwiler Womens' Correctional Facility and by my neighbor's cat, KNOW ALL YE MEN by these presents that one Fred First is now and hereafter (until such time as he turns in his door key and his name tag, or other such calamity) a full and faithful member of the Heart of Dixie Home Canning and Vengeance Association, otherwise known as the Axis of Weevil, AND is entitled to all the benefits and group insurance discounts flowing thereto.

Welcome Fred, and as with all of our new members, an overflowing Axis of Weevil Gift Pack (detailed in the post from yesterday) is being loaded into the Greyhound bus even as I type. (Assuming that Ricky our new runner got to the station on time--I don't think he's quite all there, if you know what I mean)

UPDATE: Fred writes back:
I am deeply humbled and honored by your most gracious introduction to the Axes and Absissas of WeevilHomeLand. I promise to do my duty to poke fun at myself, to honor all requests for emailed veggies (sorry, that was last week and to obey the laws of the pack.

Sure'nuff...looking foward to hanging out, however I do wonder about any virtual organization that would have moi as a member.

You've made me chuckle already, and that's a good thing!

Later Tater....BTW I can hep with that Tunnel Corpuscle Disease (actually had a patient call it that once, also referred to as 'competitive motion' disease by another) as my second MS was in Physical Therapy at U of A Bham).

Just asks all Axis sufferers to hold their wrists palm side up to the monitor and I will see if I can help.

There will be a small fee.

Fred
Someone's been watching Earnest Angely!!!!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com