Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, June 20, 2002

Well, I am back now, and let me tell you--my class was everything one could expect from a convocation of people interested in the finer points of building codes.

Forty serious guys (including My Friend Jeff and me), three serious women, one very serious contender for "Woman Most Likely To Be Able To Take Butterbean Esche in a Fair Fight," one roly-poly instructor with the snappy comic timing and delivery of a young Junior Samples, and of course, POWERPOINT! Not just Powerpoint, but Powerpoint with pointlessly pulsating graphics and incongruous sounds.

And lunch! A fat "Greek-style" rolled-up sandwich (it had olives on it) on nuclear yellow flatbread, with a tiny cup of "Greek-style" pasta salad (it had a tiny morsel of crumbly feta cheese about the size of a pea and a slice of olive), a 1" by 1" by 1/2" square of stale Rice Krispy treat (apparently the closest food-service equivalent of baklava), and a package of Lay's potato chips (as seen in all the finer Greek delicatessens). Oh, and a plastic utensil set. I took two, just to make sure I got my money's worth.

But now that I'm back, I find myself even further behind in my work, so this must suffice for relavent social commentary for the day. Before I sign off, I did want to thank everyone who dropped by to see my world-shaking comments about Matt Lauer's new lack of a hairdo. The majority of hits I've had the past two days are people Googling various iterations of matt lauer buzz cut.

To those who came by, thank you for your interest in Lauer's Locks, and let's just hope Matt doesn't destroy our trust by getting caught in some Sarasota, Florida adult movie theater. To my two other loyal readers, I will try to be back in form tomorrow, but today requires my full attention devoted to earning a living.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com