Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Good morning! It's runoff day in Alabama, and of all the races, the one that is most interesting is that between Artur Davis and the incumbent, Ezra Pound. (Some would put him closer to Lord Haw Haw--I won't quibble one way or t'other.)

I don't have a dog in this fight--I am not a Democrat (or a Republican, for that matter--I vote the straight Possum Party ticket) and I don't live in the Seventh District, but I still think it will be interesting to see if voters are fed up enough with their own version of the Palestinian Authority to oust the Friend of Moammar in favor of someone who is operating with two fully functioning brain hemispheres. I doubt very much that I agree with Davis on many issues--he is a left of center Democrat, after all, and his solutions to the terrible problems of the Black Belt generally follow the idea that more pork money will solve everything, BUT, he is not a blithering idiot. And at least his idea of a federal job program doesn't include creating jobs for all of his relatives and friends. Despite his political proclivities, he can put forth a reasoned argument, which again is the benefit of not having a head filled with Play Doh. He has had a tough row to hoe, as do all challengers to an incumbent, but at least voters in the Seventh have an opportunity to explore the possibility of change.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com