Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, June 26, 2002

And then there's this from Mr. H.D. Miller, whose shoes travelled over to quite possibly the only medieval European-themed Korean restaurant in existence
[...] Last night, I'd completely forgotten that the World Cup [of Soccer] was still going on and that LA's Koreatown was in a state of near frenzy in preparation for the big game with Germany, so when I walked into the lobby of the Wilshire BBQ House I was taken aback to find that everyone in the place was wearing a red bandanna; waitresses, hostesses, patrons, the Mexican busboys, everyone. Of course, I was left with no choice but to join in, as a hostess quickly wrapped a red bandanna embossed with the cryptic phrase "be the Red!" around my non-soccer-loving neck. Whether or not I wanted to be, I was now officially one of the Red Devils, one of the fanatical Korean soccer fans. I was being assimilated by the soccer-borg collective, and there was nothing I could do about it, or at least nothing I could do that wouldn't involve giving up dinner and/or loosing the goodwill of the friendly staff at the Wilshire BBQ House. This must be how communism works, I thought, complete with red bandannas for all good young pioneers. [...]
Well, I know what the newest item in the Axis of Weevil Gift Pack is gonna be! All together, now-- "Be the Redneck!"


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com