Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, May 22, 2002

Over on my GeoCities site (not the old Possumblog site, but the original one) where I keep a few pre-blog stories and links and stuff, I have one pretty long story that deals with one of the few times all the planets aligned properly and the family and I spent a whole day without getting lost, having an unfortunate bladder control incident, or being late. We went to the pediatrician, the eye doctor, out to eat, made a couple of trips to Wal-Mart, went and saw Atlantis (with my own snotty movie review)--more or less the same crap I talk about now. Every once in a while I like to check the stats for these pages, just to see how people wind up there. There are never more than about two or three hits per week, and I know no one goes there intentionally, because it’s just one story about the banalities of my life (as opposed to the exciting updated-daily blog version), but it is funny to see what folks think might be on there, based on their Google search strings:

walmart eye doctor
eye exam caution dilation
real doctor optometry
storyboards for baby commercials
frightening tongue depressor exam
baby blowing out candles animation
trussville punk
meat boy at walmart
waspy baby names
wallyworld daddy

Put them all together and they spell Possumblog.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com