Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, April 18, 2002

Annnnd, no posting for Friday, either. We went in early today to talk to the surgeon and he scheduled her for tomorrow morning. So, no exciting updates from your furry, grizzled, prehensile tailed friend until Monday. I know each and every one of my loyal legion of four readers will be anxiously awaiting for detailed reports, and you will not be disappointed. I also know that the hundreds of people who come here from Google searching for Norah O'Donnell photos will be greatly disappointed, as will those hoping to see pictures of them Talladega infield girls without their halter tops on. I have yet to figure out why anyone would think something named "Possumblog" would have anything remotely resembling stuff like this, except for my bad habit of continuing to type bad words.

After her visit and the preadmission, we didn't get to go play hooky. Since this was scheduled so quickly, she had to get back to work to make sure all of her stuff was covered for the week she'll be off. So, I decided to do errand stuff. I stopped off at my office and redid my leave slip, dumped a stack of mailout notices on my co-worker, tried to see if I could get my paycheck early (yeah, right) and then decided to go have the brakes fixed on the van.

First shop, the always reliable Alignment by Ingram, was stacked up solid until next year, so I went to the Dodge place. They are in the process of revamping their dealership, which has grown to include every car brand sold in America--Buick, GMC, Pontiac, Nissan, Dodge, Jaguar, Saab, Borgward, Skoda, Lada, Hooptie. The waiting area in the Dodge service department looked like it was last on the list to get prettied up--it was clean, but looked like it had not been sat in for 7 years. I think this had something to do with the brochures for the New 1995 Jaguars. The newest brochure was for the 2001 Dodge Caravan. The newest magazine was June of 2001, which was breathlessly touting the best way for companies to make it big on the Internet. "Move as many business functions online as possible." "Draw customers from your bricks-and-mortar location to your online store."

I thought this was going to be a quickie, because I thought I might only need front pads. I also thought I might like to keep some money for myself. Wrong on all counts. Front pads, rear shoes, resurface rotors and drums, repack rear bearings, adjust and road test, wait for three hours, and give us $365. Okie-doke.

Next, off with my superior stopping ability to Nuncie's to pick up #2 reeds for a Bflat clarinet. 10 reeds, 25 bucks. What a derned bargain, I say! I asked the hyperactive manager about the reeds that the music teacher sells at 10 for $10. "They won't last anytime! These'll last three times as long!" After silently trying to figure out how long three times anytime is, I just figured it would be better to just get my tiny little $25 box and leave.

3:00 p.m. No time to go home--I've got the car and I am the chauffeur, so I have to go pick up Mistress of the Stones at 4:00, which leaves me only enough time to....

BLOG!

So, thanks to everyone who has written to express their very kind thoughts and prayers on my wife's behalf. I am sure she will do just fine. And, I did tell the doctor that Reba wanted to know if she could keep the stones. While she severely pummelled me on the arm, the doctor said "Only if you make them into earrings."

My kind of guy. Have a great weekend and see you Monday.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com