Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, March 19, 2002

THANKS!
While I was off sick, I had several folks link to the Possumblog who came here via Inappropriate Response. Whenever Miss Moira links to me, I always get a flood of folks, and occasionally some of them even like what they see.

First was Susanna Cornett at Cut on the Bias, who made me blush and get all fidgety with her praise of Possum. She relates that she is a Bluegrass girl, but for some unknown crime was sentenced to Newark. She still has her priorities right as a priestess of Adolph Rupp, though, so they haven't beat all the goodness out of her. And she says she makes a pretty mean biscuit.

Then, we have Mark Byron, a free-market, dynamist neoconservative Michigander who says Possumblog's "got the high-tech redneck tounge-in-cheek going down." High-tech? Apparently Mark doesn't know I named my son Ned Ludd Oglesby, or that I keep a supply of wooden sabots in the closet. The Axis of Weevil continues to probe it proboscis into the hinterlands, and influenced Mark to post the following joke: "There were two brother boll weevils. One was notorious, eating lots of cotton. The other one didn't do much, and was thus known as the lesser of the two weevils."

Thanks, too, for the get well wishes. I still hurt all over, but at least I can type.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com