Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, February 19, 2002

Matchbook-o-Rama
The newest addition to lileks.com. Whenever I see the stuff Mr. Lileks puts up, I always imagine me as the Joker asking where Batman gets all those wonderful toys. Of course, I'm one to talk--the whole house bulges with stuff I wouldn't let my mom and dad throw away: a mid-50s tin of Ann Page Red Pepper, a coffee urn shaped like a Mercury capsule, an electric facial muscle stimulator (Mom and Dad were concerned about those tell-tale signs of aging), a pecan can full of screw-in fuses, my old Lincoln Logs (they're fun AND educational--they would probably be even more so without the splinters); then there's all of my dad's welding stuff--torches, an acetylene tank T-wrench, railroad switchbox keys, chipping hammers, goggles, all the little iron bookends and doodads he made--the list goes on and on.

Just another in the long list of "Stuff That Makes People Look At Me Funny." (Of course, Lileks gets a book deal out of his, and I wind up with a sore toe from tripping over my junk)


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com