Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, February 22, 2002

EWWWW!
My first disturbing search request--I note someone has found the ol' Possumblog by entering "toilet training AND punished AND parents AND enema AND stories" in Yahoo's searchbox.

The summary, which was several entries down the page, came back with: "... leaky upstairs toilet, which will ... not been punished enough? For ... The Flaming Enema of Death ... the stories seem too ... J. Reimer Training and Doctrine ... of parents and ...

Now, for what it's worth--

1. I fixed my toilet--it wasn't the wax ring, but the valve nut on the cutoff was loose and dripping about a cup of water a day. Tightened it up, leak gone. But not before I had gone to Home Depot to buy a repair kit. Which I'm going to keep, and one day will take a picture of and post.

2. Yes, I have been punished enough for whatever it was. Please stop now.

3. The Flaming Enema of Death is another blogger I had linked to, not an aid to toilet training. Sorry.

4. The stories? Clark Bowers, The Tiger of the Khyber Pass, whose stories still seem too hard to believe. I'm sure he would be available for a speech or two, though. Call him.

5. The General Dennis J. Reimer Training and Doctrine Digital Library is touted as an electronic "library without walls." The Library is the single repository of approved Army training and doctrine information, none of which has anything to do with toilet training, although there is some stuff on punishing people, and probably a medic's field manual where there might be something about enemas. As the Army says, Know Your Enema.

6. Parents. Yes, I had two, which is now down to one, although my wife and my children all have both parents.

I hope I have cleared all of that up for anyone else who might be interested.

It's so strange to me how just a few out-of-context words can be sucked up and squirted back out in such fashion--the Internet is just so queer--seemingly innocuous words, yet put them together just right and bang! Anyway, I now have to go finish my report on Tijuana goat felching nymphettes who channel psychic Britney Spears nipple slips.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com