Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Monday, January 14, 2002

Oh, for the good ol' days
In those wonderful days of yesteryear, prisoners in Afghanistan NEVER had their rights violated. Of course, back then the various groups didn't bother to take prisoners. You know, if it were me, and I had steeled myself to die in my trench and face mutilation rather than capture, the simple fact that I was made a prisoner of the evil Satan America would be pretty galling in and of itself. And then the infidels have the nerve to feed me, and cloth me, and actually put me on trial! Why can't they just let me be a martyr! O the humiliation! And where humiliation stalks, the Europeans can't be far behind.

Also, the article states that according to Afghan government sources in Kabul, there is increasing disinclination to deliver prisoners to the Americans because they are likely to be flown out of the country without Washington even seeking the permission from the Afghans. Which is kind of interesting, seeing as how the Americans have asked the permission of Afghanistan at every single juncture up to now--"May we please drop this daisy cutter, uhhhh, overrrr THERE?" "Ah ah ah--not so fast--you did not say 'Karzai may I!"



Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com