Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, February 18, 2005

I tell you what, these two-day workweeks are KILLERS!

Thank goodness tomorrow's Saturday, when I will be able to rest and relax and recrea...yeah, I know. Anyway, today promises to be a bit less hectic than yesterday, so I might get to play a bit more today. AFTER the meeting--being that I am one of the emergency coordinators for our floor (designated to make sure anyone who panics during an emergency does so only after receiving permission), we have a Special Meeting in a few minutes to discuss Special Things. I am very happy! See? See me smiling?! Smile, smile, smile!

There is one woman who attends these meetings whose head must be filled with depleted uranium. She's so dense she bends light. Twenty minutes of every meeting (which thankfully don't get called that often) are spent answering her stupid obvious questions. Then there's another guy who comes and won't let the speaker finish talking before asking all sorts of other obvious questions, the vast majority of which would be answered by the speaker in the course of his monologue if the guy would just SHUT UP and LISTEN and quit trying to act like he's so brainy.

Me? I usually sit over to one side, slumped into a chair, jowl firmly planted in palm, a look of immense boredom painted on my face. Oh, excuse me--a bright smile plastered on my face!

Anyway, I'll be back in a bit.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com