Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Monday, February 07, 2005

From now on---

--let's have none of that silly optimism around here! Jinxed my whole weekend, it did.

Date Night was replaced with Go to the Store and Buy an Expensive Software Upgrade to Console Nearly Hysterical Wife Night. Which was followed by Stay up and Paint Your Eyeballs Red Night as said software is installed and made to work. Followed by a brief interlude of something that was almost sleep, followed by a half-day of attending a planning charrette for our little Paradise Along the Pinchgut. Half-day?! Well, yes, it was supposed to be a full day, and the last half was going to include all sorts of fun drawing exercises, and I was one of the few people in attendance who had the wherewithall to do such things, BUT, I had to cut things short so I could return to my humble abode and instruct my lovely and still teetering-on-the-edge-of-tears bride in all of the minor intricacies of--

PowerPoint.

And it only took SIX HOURS of constant, at her elbow, "DON'T MOVE OR I'LL MESS SOMETHING UP," instruction!

And then, there was chauffeuring Oldest to a Valentine's party at church in the midst of the instruction session, with the near inevitability of an emotional meltdown five minutes before time to leave.

All this, all before 7:00 on Saturday evening!

The longer version is coming up. If I can retrieve it from the depths of where I suppressed it.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com